What we eat determines what kind of bacteria we foster the growth of in our gut, which can increase or decrease our risk of some of our leading killer diseases.
By Michael Greger M.D. FACLM
If that was the supplement industry’s response, how did the egg industry react? See my video Egg Industry Response to Choline & TMAO.
For more background on TMAO, see Carnitine, Choline, Cancer, & Cholesterol: The TMAO Connection, and then find out How to Reduce Your TMAO Levels.
Our gut flora are what we eat! Check out:
- Microbiome: The Inside Story
- Prebiotics: Tending our Inner Garden
- What’s your Gut Microbiome Enterotype?
- How to Change your Enterotype
- Paleopoo: What We Can Learn from Fossilized Feces
- Gut Dysbiosis – Starving our Microbial Self
- Is Obesity Infectious?
If you haven’t yet, you can subscribe to my videos for free by clicking here.