The current global outbreak of the Zika virus may have originated from GM mosquitoes that were released in Brazil during trials funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation.
The Zika virus, which has been detected in 18 of the 26 states in Brazil, is transmitted by the Aedes aegypti mosquito. A generically modified version has been developed by a British biotech company called Oxitec.
The results of a trial in Brazil published this summer involved genetically engineered mosquitoes that allegedly fight the spread of dengue fever, yellow fever, chikungunya, and zika virus.
But scientists have warned the study had too few controls in place to ensure that the mosquitoes released into the wild did not end up spreading dengue fever, yellow fever, chikungunya, and zika virus.
In short, these genetically modified mosquitoes could be the cause of the Zika virus outbreak in Brazil and other parts of South and Central America.
“If these mosquitoes are completely safe, then why the hush-hush?” says Gurmit Singh, chair of the Centre for Environment, Technology and Development in Malaysia, another country slated for an Oxitec field trial.
Oxford Insect Technologies, a British biotech company, has developed the insect with funds from the Bill and Gates foundation. It conducted the first outdoor trials with transgenic Aedes aegypti mosquitoes in the Caribbean island of Grand Cayman in autumn 2009.
Source: Your News Wire
- US bioweapons lab with links to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation at core of Ebola epidemic
- Indian doctors sue Bill Gates for harming children with deadly ‘humanitarian’ vaccines
- Bill Gates Foundation Announces Population Control Microchip
- Bill Gates calls for ‘global government’
- Bill Gates: Polio Vaccine Program Causes 47,500 Deaths
- India Holds Bill Gates Accountable For His Vaccine Crimes
- Depopulation Africa: Paralyzing Vaccine Deaths 47,500 with 50 More Children Recently Paralyzed With Bill Gates Meningitis Vaccine
- Why is Bill Gates Investing in Monsanto and GMOs?
- Are Bill and Melinda Gates Guilty of Committing Fraud in India?
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Vaccine Empire on Trial in India
- Monsanto, US, & Gates Foundation pressure Kenya to reverse GMO ban